Thursday, June 9, 2011

Accomplishments

Dear Maverick,

I want you to know how very proud we are of you! Here are some of the things we have accomplished in your memory..
We have your picture displayed (so far) in a picture frame beside your brothers on the bookshelf in the living room. We also have a picture displayed on the side of the fridge, so it can be the last thing I see everyday before leaving the house.

I have written a 34 page hand written story of your life. I will eventually type it up and laminate it in a scrapbook. Your story is very true to my heart and I wrote it mainly so I never forget any of the details of your short but precious life!

I have also made a memory book of pictures from when I was pregnant with you, ultrasound pictures of you inside my womb, and a lot of pictures once you were born. This memory book was the first scrapbook that I have ever made. It only took me an hour and a half to make and when your dad looked at it for the first time, he started to cry. I am so in love with your dad right now! Watching him go through the pain of losing you is hard but brings us closer then we have ever been. It's amazing to experience our love for you so strongly, together. I couldn't imagine sharing this love or these emotions with anyone else..

This dresser was going to be your changing table. I removed the changing pad I had bought for you and have turned this dresser into a memory dresser. The plant is a fern your grandma Joyce gave to us, after you were born, to represent your memory. We will watch this fern grow from week to week and hopefully year to year. The memory scrapbook I made is pictured on top of the "my Stuff" box that holds all of your belongings. Inside the box will be your memory book, sympathy cards we receive from family and friends, the pack of receiving blankets we bought to wrap you in, the baby doll outfit we bought to put you in (which was way to big), the gown, hat and the knitted blanket you were wearing when your dad and I first saw you. The hospital has volunteers that make these gowns and blankets. They are beautiful and I will never wash them, because I know it is what you were wearing when we laid eyes on you for the very first time.
This is a shelf in your nursery that had a few nick knacks on it. I have dedicated it to you and when your remains arrive in the teddy bear urn we have chosen, you will also live on this shelf. The sea shell is what the holy water was in when the chaplain performed your baptism at the hospital. Your baptism was so beautiful to us! The chaplain that performed it was a very sweet man, who felt very sorry for our loss and he himself has lost a daughter. He will never be forgotten and neither will the beautiful baptism that he performed for you!
Aren't these flower beds gorgeous? They are just for you, little boy! We went to a plant nursery to get these flowers to add to these three flower beds. $300 later... your Memory is planted and will grow in our backyard forever! I am very thankful your dad has the green thumb that he does, because I barely lifted a finger! :)

As you can see, a lot of our time has been dedicated to you! In just 13 days, so much has changed and will forever be changed! I will continue to think of ideas that will make you proud to be a member of this family!

Thank you for guiding us Maverick and being the guardian angel of our family! I will day dream of the moment we get to meet again, when I can kiss and hug you forever! We love you so much sweet boy! I will write you again very soon!
Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment